Sunday, July 15, 2012

No MSG Taco Seasoning

I know, I am full blood Italian, but sometime you have to spice things up a little when you cook. Right? 
Well, how about taco night!
Get all your ingredients out and a plastic container. I line them up, so I make sure I don't skip anything.

  • 4 T chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 6 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp fine salt
  • 3 tsp black pepper

  • Mix together ingredients in a container or shake to combine...if you want to spice things up even more.
  • Add 1 to 2 T for every 1 pound of meat (depending on the heat you like) 
  • Replace store-bought taco seasoning in any recipe. Easy, low sodium and MSG free!

  • Stay Frugal,
  • Daniela
  • Linking to
  • Debbiedoo's
  • Coastal Charm
  • Savvy Southern Style


4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Good recipe to know! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my Trash to Treasure post!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Daniella, I never care much for the taste of those store bought packages, but I've never gotten ahead of the game to search out a recipe. Now you have set it right before me! Perfect. I'm pinning this when I get back to my own computer when I get home. I could use this sometime this week. Thanks! And thanks for stopping at Quirky Vistas and leaving me a kind comment about my finds. I am glad you stopped by!
Liz

Debbiedoos said...

Those are great. I remember when I had a personal trainer and she said those packets are the worst! This is something she would LOVE too. Thanks for sharing.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
You know, I always make my own salad dressings and they taste far better. Just have cleaned out and re-organized my spice cabinet for easier access to things and sorted out for different foods like Italian, Asian...
Sending you hugs and you can feel very proud of your ability to always find the best way for your family.
Mariette